Lemon Chicken Piccata
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cooking time||25 minutes|
|Total time||40 minutes|
|Prep time: 15 minutes||Cooking time: 25 minutes||Total time: 40 minutes|
Prep Time - 15 minutes Cook Time - 25 minutes
1. Pound each chicken breast half until they become very thin. Cut each piece in half. Dry with paper towels and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Add 1/4 cup flour in a shallow dish and lightly cover one side of each piece of chicken, shake off extra.
3. Add 1 Tablespoon oil to your pan and heat to medium-high. Once hot place 2 pieces of chicken floured side down, in the pan to brown for 3-4 minutes. Flip over and continue to cook until no longer pink, about 1 more minute.
4. Transfer chicken to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Repeat for the other 2 pieces of chicken.
5. Add capers, sundried tomatoes, and garlic to the pan. Sautee on medium heat for about 30 seconds.
6. Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon flour until incorporated. Whisk in broth, wine, and lemon zest strips.
7. Bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thick and reduced to about 1/2 cup – this takes 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Return chicken into the pan with the sauce, let simmer until chicken is heated through, and spoon sauce over chicken for about 30 seconds to a minute.
9. Return chicken into the pan with the sauce, let simmer until chicken is heated through, and spoon sauce over chicken for about 30 seconds to a minute.
10. Remove the chicken and put onto serving plates
11. Add butter and lemon juice to the sauce in the pan, whisk until butter is melted. Spoon sauce on top of chicken and serve!