Are your olives cured in dye or lye?
Our olives undergo natural brine curing but before that they are treated with lye. Lye treatment is used to make a quick start with the curing by facilitating the de-bittering of the olives and give the product uniformity in color. Olives are thoroughly washed after the treatment to remove any traces of lye.
How long can I keep my Organic Stuffed Grape Leaves after opening
You can use for three weeks after opening as long as it is stored in a separate container in the refrigerator. Do not store in the original can.
Are the Organic Stuffed Grape Leaves (Dolmas) vegetarian?
Yes. Traditionally Stuffed Grape Leaves contain meat, but ours are vegetarian.
How do you use the bagged Organic Sundried Tomatoes?
Take desired amount from the bag and soak in boiled water for 8 to 10 minutes to rehydrate. Drain before using. Cut into strips or use whole in salads, pasta, chicken, vegetarian dishes, or as a pizza topping.
Are Sundried Tomatoes as nutritious as fresh tomatoes?
Yes. Sundried tomatoes have the same nutritional value as fresh tomatoes. They are high in Lycopene, Antioxidants, Vitamin C, and low in Sodium, Fat, and Calories.
What Mediterranean Organic products are Non-GMO Project Verified?
Currently Mediterranean Organic Preserves and Marmalade are enrolled with the Non-GMO Project Verification. As soon as verification is complete, we will add the logo to our packaging. All other Mediterranean Organic products are Non-GMO Project Verified.
How do I read the expiration date on my Mediterranean Organic product?
We apologize for the confusion caused when trying to find and read expiration dates. Over one year ago, all new product packaging began printing with standard expiration dates, E.g. MM/DD/YYYY. If you have a product that has a printed code versus expiration date please refer to the examples below for decoding. All coded dates are based on day of production – it is NOT the expiration date.
- Organic Peppers (Fire Roasted Red, Fire Roasted Red & Yellow)
- Printed Code: PTR 12116
- 121 indicates the day of year the product was produced on and follows the Julian Calendar
- 16 indicates the year of production
- 121 = May 1st, 16 = 2016
- Shelf Life = 2 years
- Expiration = May 1st, 2018
- Organic Sundried Tomatoes (Oil/Package)
- Printed Code: PTR19015
- 190 indicates the day of the year the product was produced on and follows the Julian Calendar
- 15 indicates the year of production
- 190 = July 9th, 15 = 2015
- Shelf Life Oil = 2 years, Shelf Life packaged = 1 year
- Expiration = July 9th, 2017 (oil) or July 9th, 2016 (packaged)
- Organic Dolmas
- Printed Code: 33314
- 333 indicates the day of the year the product was produced on and follows the Julian Calendar
- 14 indicates the year of production
- 333 = November 29th, 14 = 2014
- Shelf Life = 2 years
- Expiration = November 29th, 2016
- Organic Olives (Kalamata, Black, Red Pepper Stuffed, Garlic Stuffed, Jalapeno Stuffed)
- Printed Code: P031253
- (P) Facility (XX) Month (XX) Day (X) Year (X) Shift
- 03 = March
- 12 = 12th
- 5 = 2015
- 3 = Shift
- Shelf Life = 2 ½ years
- Expiration = September 12th, 2017